The Historic District Commission (HDC) works to preserve the architectural heritige of this community. The commission is focused on the following areas:
- To preserve and protect the buildings and the historic architectural landscape of the Historic District;
- Maintain continuity of scale and architectural style of constructed, reconstructed and renovated buildings within the District;
- To promote the cultural and educational values of the historic buildings in the Town;
- Conserve property values in the District;
- To further the implementation of the New Castle Master Plan.
Please note that only approved minutes are posted on the website. The HDC meets only when applicants require a hearing.
PUBLIC HEARING COSTS: Sliding Rate depending on cost of project, $150 Legal Ad, $7 ea (Certifieds Abutters/Applicants)