The Historic District Commission (HDC) works to preserve the architectural heritige of this community. The commission is focused on the following areas:
- To preserve and protect the buildings and the historic architectural landscape of the Historic District;
- Maintain continuity of scale and architectural style of constructed, reconstructed and renovated buildings within the District;
- To promote the cultural and educational values of the historic buildings in the Town;
- Conserve property values in the District;
- To further the implementation of the New Castle Master Plan.
- Approved minutes are posted on the web. Draft minutes are never posted on the web but hard copies are available through the Town Clerk's office during their office hours.
Please note that only approved minutes are posted on the website. The HDC meets only when applicants require a hearing.
PUBLIC HEARING COSTS: Sliding Rate depending on cost of project, $150 Legal Ad, $7 ea (Certifieds Abutters/Applicants)