New Castle, the only town in NH composed entirely of islands, covers approximately 500 acres (.8 square miles) and serves as a scenic residential and recreational community. New Castle was founded in 1623, chartered in 1679, and incorporated in 1693 during the reign of William and Mary. Today, in addition to a residential population of slightly more than 1,000, it is home to the Great Island Common recreational park, Wentworth-by-the-Sea Hotel and Spa, a UNH marine research laboratory, a Coast Guard station, and Fort Constitution and Fort Stark state parks.
Photos courtesy of Jim Cerny.
TRUCK FOR SALE:
Please go to town news for information regarding the used ambulance for sale by the town
- We are not accepting pavilion reservations until May 1, 2017 at Town Hall starting at 8am.
. Avitar Associates of N.E. 's 2016 Cyclical Revaluation is available under town news.
- Please go to "Town News" to see the report from NHDES and the Notice of Standard Maximum Contaminant Level Violations for the first quarter in 2017 for the New Castle water system.
- The Underwood Engineering "Executive Summary" is available in the news section of this front page
- For water study report go to
- Trashpick up notice - when there are storm warning, please make sure that trash and recycling can be curb side by 6:45 rather than the usual 7am. If a storm starts Wednesday night into Thursday there could be a delay of trash pickup to the following day. Please go to Oceanside Rubbish's website to see if there are delays for pickup during inclement weather at www.oceansiderubbishinc.com
Need to contact the town office?
- Phone 603-431-6710
- Fax 603-433-6198
- Great Island Common 603-436-1992 (Seasonal)
- Email Us