New Castle, the only town in NH composed entirely of islands, covers approximately 500 acres (.8 square miles) and serves as a scenic residential and recreational community. New Castle was founded in 1623, chartered in 1679, and incorporated in 1693 during the reign of William and Mary. Today, in addition to a residential population of slightly more than 1,000, it is home to the Great Island Common recreational park, Wentworth-by-the-Sea Hotel and Spa, a UNH marine research laboratory, a Coast Guard station, and Fort Constitution and Fort Stark state parks.
Photos courtesy of Jim Cerny.
- Please note that the regular ZBA Thursday meeting has been rescheduled from October 19th to TUESDAY October 24, 2017 at 7PM at Town Hall.
- Please go to "Town News" to see the report from NHDES and the Notice of Standard Maximum Contaminant Level Violations for the Third quarter in 2017 for the New Castle water system.
- The 2018 New Castle Phone Book order forms are now available. Please see the “hot pink” order form in your PO Box, or contact Julie Whitehouse at email@example.com for more information. Order Forms are due September 30, 2017. All proceeds go to Maude H. Trefethen PTO.
- The Underwood Engineering "Executive Summary" is available in the news section of this front page
- For water study report go to "Town News"
- CDC- Center for Disease Control and Prevention. New material for the tick season, go to www.cdc.gov/ticks/index.html
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Last Green Waste of the season. Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017
- TRICK OR TREAT NIGHT - Monday, October 30 from 5:30 to 7:30 PM
Fall Programs for Rye Recreation - Open to New Castle Residents. See town news for listing of activities, programs, trips, lessons.
Need to contact the town office?
- Phone 603-431-6710
- Fax 603-433-6198
- Great Island Common 603-436-1992 (Seasonal)
- Email Us