New Castle, the only town in NH composed entirely of islands, covers approximately 500 acres (.8 square miles) and serves as a scenic residential and recreational community. New Castle was founded in 1623, chartered in 1679, and incorporated in 1693 during the reign of William and Mary. Today, in addition to a residential population of slightly more than 1,000, it is home to the Great Island Common recreational park, Wentworth-by-the-Sea Hotel and Spa, a UNH marine research laboratory, a Coast Guard station, and Fort Constitution and Fort Stark state parks.
Photos courtesy of Jim Cerny.
- 4th of July Parade - starting on Walton Road at 10:30am and ending at the gazebo
- All dogs must be licensed by May 1, 2015 for the current year
- Green Waste Dates: July 11, August 15, September 12, October 17, November 21
- Tall ship arriving. The El Galeon Andalucia will be arriving on July 22nd in Portsmouth
- RYE Recreation Summer Programs are available at the Town Hall
Need to contact the town office?
- Phone 603-431-6710
- Fax 603-433-6198
- Email Us