New Castle, the only town in NH composed entirely of islands, covers approximately 500 acres (.8 square miles) and serves as a scenic residential and recreational community. New Castle was founded in 1623, chartered in 1679, and incorporated in 1693 during the reign of William and Mary. Today, in addition to a residential population of slightly more than 1,000, it is home to the Great Island Common recreational park, Wentworth-by-the-Sea Hotel and Spa, a UNH marine research laboratory, a Coast Guard station, and Fort Constitution and Fort Stark state parks.
Photos courtesy of Jim Cerny.
- Easter Egg Hunt (residents and family members) Saturday, April 4 at 10am at the Common.
- Property Inventories were mailed out on March 11 and due back on April 15th.
- We will be starting May 1st to take any reservations for the Common (gazebo or tent rental) Non-resident stickers will be available for sale on May 1st. ($80) Only 75 available.
- Resident stickers will be available starting on March 1st. Please bring in your vehicle registration. Limited to three stickers per property.
- Filing period for candidates for town offices is from Wednesday, March 25 to Friday, April 3rd with the Town Clerk.
- Offices open are:
- TOWN ELECTIONS
- Select Board Member - 3 Year Term
- Treasurer - 1 Year Term
- Budget Committee - 3 Year Term
- Cemetery Trustee - 3 Year Term
- Fire Ward - 3 Year Term
- Library Trustee - 3 Year Term
- Trustee of Trust Funds - 3 Year Term & 1 Year Term (two openings)
- SCHOOL ELECTIONS
- School Board Member - 3 Year Term
- School District Clerk - 3 Year Term
- RYE Recreation Spring and Summer Programs are available at the Town Hall
Need to contact the town office?
- Phone 603-431-6710
- Fax 603-433-6198
- Email Us