New Castle Beach
- New Castle Beach is located between the Great Island Common and Ocean Street.
- Dogs are prohibited from town beaches from May 15th through September 15th. Dogs are never permitted at state beaches or state parks. Dog waste must be picked up immediately by its owner.
- The use of alcoholic beverages on the beaches and in or upon any and all parking lots in the Town of New Castle is prohibited. The use of glass bottles or glass containers shall also be prohibited on New Castle Beach.
- No fires are allowed on the beach.
- No horses or wheeled vehicles are permitted on the beach with the exception of baby carriages. No boat launchings or boat landings are permitted except boats propelled by oars or paddles. For the purpose of this ordinance the term boat will include: motorboats, sailboats, surf boards, sailboards, and any type of jet skis.
- No persons shall disrobe for the purpose of bathing, or otherwise, at any beach in a place or manner exposing them to public view.
- Beaches are closed between 9:00 pm and sunrise.
- Go to the Town Ordinance page for a complete listing of town ordinances.
Great Island Common
- Residents of the Town of New Castle shall be entitled to free use of the Great Island Common.
- Non-Residents may enjoy the use of the Great Island Common with the payment of an admission fee. For a current list of fees, please visit the Great Island Common page.
- Dogs are prohibited from the Great Island Common from May 15th through September 15th. Dogs and all other pets must be kept on leash while in the Common throughout the rest of the year.
- Alcoholic beverages, firearms, and fireworks are prohibited in the Common. The use of glass bottles or glass containers shall also be prohibited at all times.
- No open fires are allowed.
- No persons shall disrobe for the purpose of bathing, or otherwise, within the Great Island Common.
- Removal of or damage to any structure, plant, shellfish, periwinkle or natural feature of the Common is prohibited.
- The Great Island Common is open 9:00 am to 9:00 pm year round. The gate is locked by the police department at 9:00 pm.