The role of the New Castle Energy Committee is to:
- Coordinate energy conservation activities among municipal officials, town departments, zoning and planning boards, town committees, elementary school, businesses, residents, and other community groups or activities;
- Work with town officials to develop a capital improvement plan that includes the energy conservation strategies;
- Develop a comprehensive energy plan or strategies for the town;
- Identify sources of funding including regional, state and federal grants, and organize fundraising activities;
- Recommend revisions and or the development of regulatory and planning documents; and
- Coordinate outreach and awareness activities in the community.
For more information click here.